Chernov Sergey Anatol'evich,Candidate of engineering sciences, lecturer, College of economics and computer sciences, Ulyanovsk State Technical University (32 Severniy Venets street, Ulyanovsk, Russia), email@example.com
Background. In the course of calculation of the method of final elements of shells and plates, supported by rods, in a finite element model the ROD is a single line with appropriate physical and geometrical characteristics located in a construction plane. The author didn’t take into account mounting features of rods. The most oftenly used rods are of box square section. The aim of the work is to provide the calculation of the shells and plates supported by rods of box square section using finite elements with nodes along the contours of the sections equal to the attachment points of the rod.
Matherials and methods. The research is based on the finite element method using discrete calculation schemes and software.
Results. In a standard finite element formulation using the matrixes of nodal forces transfer and displacements the author obtained the expressions in block form of stiffness matrixes of rod finite element nodes along the contours of the sections, corresponding to symmetrical mounting of a rod and the "chess" order. Modeling of the reinforced constructions, more fully reflecting force and kinematic interaction of rods, plates and shells in the nodes of their connection, are implemented in special computer programs.
Conclusions. An approach to modelling of the supported construction allows in its finite element model to take into consideration the conditions of mounting of rods of box square section, which better reflects the peculiarities of finite element linking. Compute calculation programs can be recommended for the kinematic analysis of various metal structures at shell-rod and plate-rod idealization.
shell, slab, rod, nodes along the section contour, stiffness matrix, supported construction, computer program
1. Postnov V. A., Dmitriev S. A., Eltyshev B. K., Rodionov A. A. Metod superelementov v raschetakh inzhenernykh sooruzheniy [Method of superelements in calculation of engineering structures]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1979, 287 p.
2. Postnov V. A., Kharkhurim I. Ya. Metod konechnykh elementov v raschetakh sudovykh konstruktsiy [Method of finite elements in calculation of ship structures]. Leningrad: Sudostroenie, 1974, 485 p.
3. Gorodetskiy A. S. Soprotivlenie materialov i teoriya sooruzheniy [Strength of materials and structural theory]. Issue XX. Kiev: Budivel'nik, 1973, pp. 31–42.
4. Myachenkov V. I., Mal'tsev V. P., Mayboroda V. P. et al. Raschety mashinostroitel'nykh konstruktsiy metodom konechnykh elementov: spravochnik [Calculation of mechanical engineering structures by the method of finite elements: reference]. Mos-cow: Mashinostroenie, 1989, 520 p.
5. Certificate of official registration of computer program № 2006612561. Shell as a combination of planr elements, supported by thin-walled rods. D'yakov I. F., Chernov S. A., Chernyy A. N.; applicant and rightholder – Ulyanovsk State Technical University, sub-mitted on 30.05.2006; registered in the Computer program register 20.07.2006. no. 2006611769. Moscow: Rospatent, 2006.
6. Certificate of official registration of computer program №2012617590. Curve of a plate, supported by rods. Chernov S. A.; applicant and rightholder – Ulyanovsk State Techni-cal University, submitted on 26.06.2012; registered in the Computer program register]. 22.08.2012 no. 2012615327. Moscow: Rospatent, 2012.
7. Zenkevich O. Metod konechnykh elementov v tekhnike [Method of finite elements in technology]. Moscow: Mir, 1975, 541 p.
8. Chernov S. A., D'yakov I. F. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Mashinostroenie [University proceedings. Mechanical engineering]. 2007, no. 3, pp. 16–20.